Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Rules Make You Do Crazy Things


The mind can be a funny thing. Sometimes we make a big deal out of something that turns out to be nothing. We can also tell ourselves it's not a big deal and it turns out that we were way wrong; at least that's how my brain functions!

Is putting laundry away really that big of a deal? Who cares if it piles up to the ceiling? In my mind, it's a daunting task and I despise it...so it doesn't get done. Most of the time, outfits are pulled from the massive pile sitting on top of the dryer. Hey, at least they're clean!

Is cooking a meal an all day event? No, but for some reason I build it up in my mind and avoid it. "Cheese and crackers for dinner everyone. Enjoy!"

How long will it really take to paint my office? Probably all day, but I tell myself "Oh, we can knock that out in a few hours. No prob!" 

A few small frivolous purchases throughout the month doesn't seem like a big deal...until the end of the month! "Oh crap! That's a lot! Sorry." 

I'm only eating a small sliver of cake. I'm not even sitting down or getting a plate so it doesn't count... "What happend to the cake? Oh my goodness, did I really eat that whole thing?"

Matthew seems to operate on the same level!

Erik has made a new rule in our house...kids must use the downstairs bathroom and only the downstairs bathroom.  I wouldn't use that bathroom if I were you... yuck!

Our upstairs bathroom, the one the guests use, was getting trashed. So they were banned from the upstairs facilities. At first, I was sad for them...no one likes feeling booted. But all of those feelings quickly left after seeing how fresh and clean the bathroom was... I'm a big fan of the new rule! The truth is, I wish I was the one who had come up with it.

Erik has a lot of great ideas...just don't tell him I said that.

Matthew our lazy, crazy, child, doesn't like to go all the way down the stairs

The other night I saw Matt suiting up in his winter gear so I asked him what he was doing.

"I go pee."

"Wait! What?"

He didn't respond and made his way outside to the nearest tree.

Oh my goodness! Seriously?

I'm not sure why my three-year-old finds it easier to put on his hat, coat, and boots then go outside to pee... in the snow. But to him it's easier than making his way down the stairs!

I love this kid!










Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. I am so glad that my kid is not the only "lazy, crazy" kid! I love that his boots are even on the wrong feet too. Great post Linsey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm like you Lins... w/ laundry, dinner, etc. I totally rebel! Then I pay the price, and get frustrated and mad at myself. I've gotten better as I've aged. ;-) Love that little guy!!!! And his little booty-crack! hehe. Thanks for the laugh! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha.... good point!!! Now, I know what my deal is!! Take away the rules and I'm good! We totally get ya Matty!!!

    Darling Pics, as always!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this little boy! He stole my heart the day he was born............Think about it, he came into this world with a legacy the first day he arrived.What a day!Love you Matty.

    ReplyDelete