Friday, October 15, 2010

Birthday Girl, The Big 28, Lots of Love

I usually don't make a big deal about my birthday.  My personality is one that has a real hard time receiving gifts and being pampered.  I guess it's because I always feel like I can't really express enough, how thankful I am.  I love giving gifts and I know I need to be better at being the one receiving.  Erik and my Mom are always telling me that.  My sweet friend Heather told me, "You better get good at receiving!  Cause you've got a lifetime of it as long as I'm your friend." I love her, lots!!!!  

To say I was spoiled this birthday, would be an understatement!

Monday morning started with coffee and wonderful girlfriends, honestly thats all I need for the perfect birthday!!!!  These girls mean so much to me, I love them and cherish them as a gift from God!  They all took me out that night to a yummy Vietnamese dinner and Cold Stone for dessert!  They also gave me a huge gift certificate to my favorite store, Plato's closet!  I know, they are the best! Love!


The only excuse that I have for not having more than one picture of this awesome night, is that we don't really take many breaks in our conversation.  Between our laughing and gabbing, Heather snapped one picture of Kellie and me, so this is all I've got!  Good job Heather, look at you, shooting in manual and everything!!


I slept in until 7:00 yesterday, felt so good,  I woke up to this wonderful note

Love him!


this HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIGN


and the kids singing happy birthday to me!  They broke out in song all day long!  All day Matt was saying,"Hap birtay mom, love you!"

When I got on the computer yesterday morning, I was overwhelmed by all the love! My mom made me cry with her post and I was so blessed by everyones birthday wishes! I am one lucky girl to be surrounded by such amazing people in my life! Again, tears!






Sweet texts from my sis and my Ken (my Idaho bff), love you!!!!

Mom and dad sent beautiful flowers and chocolates! They also sent me a whole Under Armor cold running outfit!  I did a little dance when I opened it, they always know the perfect gift to send!



Erik got home early from work yesterday (I can't remember the last time that happened), he sat me down on the couch and told me not to look.  He blared "Today Is Your Birthday" (Beatles) on the stereo! I sat there giggling at him, while he went back and forth to his truck retrieving gifts.  


Sparkling Cider, Stainless steel garbage cans from his work (he knows I am practical and would love them), he took care of a nagging to do list item for me (a Costco electronic dvd player return.  Again, I am practical and was very excited about this gift), a huge Costco double chocolate cake, and a Shiatsu Foot Massager!  

The foot massager made me laugh, I knew it was also a gift for him.  If you know me, you know that I am a sucker for any kind of massage. My love language is touch and so I am always seeking out my next head, foot, back massage!  The way we watch t.v. at night, is both of us cuddled on one couch, with Erik massaging my head.  It is so routine at this point, he doesn't even know he is doing it half the time!  But, the one thing he doesn't do is feet!  When I was pregnant he did a few times, but I don't even ask anymore because I know he hates it!  So when he brought this in, I knew it was a double gift!  I did say to him later that night, "you know, I love the foot massager, but nothing beats the human touch!" He quickly responded, "oh, no problem, I will hold your hand or rub your head while the foot massager is doing it's job!"  Works for me!


Abby lost another tooth, Matty is blowing on the salsa because it's to spicy, a big fat chocolate cake with not enough candles on it and the whole crazy group smiling for the tripod!

We went out to dinner, everyones favorite, Mexican!  The kids were so well behaved, it was odd and we all had a wonderful time!  We then went home to the monstrous chocolate cake! The night ended with Erik and I cuddled on the couch watching Modern Family (we just started watching the first season on dvd, so funny)!!

The perfect birthday!  And it's not over yet, I still have my birthday race on Sunday!  So excited!!!!! Wish me luck!









Pin It!

9 comments:

  1. So sweet Lindsey! I LOVE reading your blog and your adventures through life! I am glad you had a wonderful bday.you really are a hard working, wonderful mom. Your family is so so sweet. Glad you felt loved. Sounds like you pour out on them constantly...it is nice to be pampered sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet Lindsey! I LOVE reading your blog and your adventures through life! I am glad you had a wonderful bday.you really are a hard working, wonderful mom. Your family is so so sweet. Glad you felt loved. Sounds like you pour out on them constantly...it is nice to be pampered sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwww..how sweet. Love those pics and all the things your family did for you. You are blessed. Happy Birthday and good luck in the race.

    Anne @ http://lessonsthrulife.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Happy Birthday Gorgeous! I had to stop back by to show Hannah the video of your peanut! Looks like you've truly been blessed!:) enjoy the weekend!

    Vic-Freckles and Fudge

    ReplyDelete
  5. so happy and blessed that you had a wonderful day. To the people that know and love you that is all we wish for you, that you would be filled with love, laughter and joy in your life. And that we are able to be part of your life. Thanks for sharing so unselfishly with your time and your heart...Love you sweetheart.........

    ReplyDelete
  6. what an awesome day, and you deserved every bit of that pampering! hope your race goes well tomorrow! can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh SOOOOO happy for you Linsey!!! What a great birthday for you, and you deserve it!!!! You are one of the absolute sweetest people I know, beautiful & funny to top it off!!! Can't wait to hear about the race. I know you'll do GREAT! GO LINSEY!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday! And, say hi to Kellie for me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the note your husband left you. That is a sign of a awesome man, A REAL MAN leaves notes. Class act. Happy belated birthday

    ReplyDelete