Monday, October 25, 2010

Linsey Asked If I Would Post

Linsey has been a little stressed with her extensive self-inflicted work load.  Her to do list is a mile long.   She has been asking me for awhile, if I would write a guest post for her, prepping me they way she knows how.  After I surprised her with a finished post for today,  she then stated, "it would be really great if you could write a post every few months or so." She also knows how to step it up a notch while she has my attention. It's really hard not to smile and agree with her, when she is squealing so loud with delight over my efforts, that we all feel the need to cover our ears. 


For anyone that has read this blog for any amount of time, we all know that Linsey is a special person. But she would insist on this blog not being a platform for her; more like a platform for honesty about our life. I’ve heard countless times that she is so “transparent” and I love that. I know that ‘yall mean see-through but I see it in another way. TransParent- a parent that is willing to reach out to other parents over the invisible boundaries that most parents put up because they feel like failures. 


This is the same honest, quirky woman I married eleven years ago and I’m glad that others can benefit from these stories now. As things happen to us, I sometimes struggle with the significance but understanding always follows. People need to see weirdos like us to feel normal and understand that were not all alone. In a day where marriages fail and families fall apart, I attribute our honesty as one of the strongest bonds that we have. We’re honest when we aren’t happy (and loud about it). I wrestle with the boys too much and someone usually (always) gets hurt. Best of all, we fight…… but we can’t leave it unresolved. That would be too dishonest. The kids fight but they always end up playing together when it’s over. To all that read this, take heart. You might feel like you suck as a human being; it’s okay. We’re all weird, that’s what makes us people.


Erik



Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. I Love you Son, and am proud to able to say you are My son. The day God put you into our daughters life, our life has never been the same. You are truly her other half and a person I can't imagine not having in my life. Thank you for being the amazing husband and father that you are. You both are a blessing to so many. Watching you both grow into the people you are today has been an honor.Love you! You made me cry, I know, not a hard thing to do................

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Post Eric!! What a blessing...if more people were willing to talk about their struggles it would make for so much more fruitful ministry among the body to one another. Your family is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful Post Eric!! What a blessing...if more people were willing to talk about their struggles it would make for so much more fruitful ministry among the body to one another. Your family is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful post. So glad to hear from you. I love this. Can't wait to hear more from you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erik,
    Awesome first post! I am so sad that I didn't get to know you and linsey better when you lived in virginia, During the time linsey & I did have at MOPS I admired your wife and adore you both for making it REAL....I look forward to her posts... actually I have to keep myself from checking the blog for new entrys because I get bummed if there isn't one there. You have a beautiful family and congratulations on posting. Be careful you might get addicted!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Erik,

    My wife convinced me after quite a few months (years?) to start my own blog... which is, as you know, harder to do than it seems. She's a pretty successful "mommy blogger".

    Anyway, I liked your closing, "To all that read this, take heart. You might feel like you suck as a human being; it’s okay. We’re all weird, that’s what makes us people."

    I've seen nothing through the transparency of your wife's blogs to indicate you all are any less normal (or more normal) than the rest of us. Everyone thinks their the weirdos... and guess what... we all are right.

    As for wrestling too much with your boys... that's not possible. My dad has passed away a few years back, but wrestling with him and my brother are among my fondest childhood memories. He wasn't a big hugger, so that gave us physical contact. I do, however, recommend hugs highly.

    You should post more often, Erik. Have a great day... and a safe and Happy Halloween this weekend!

    --Michael (aka: adaddyblog.com)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete