Wednesday, June 27, 2012

How Boys Do

Only having a sister growing up, I knew absolutely nothing about little boys. I remember holding Jonathan for the first time and thinking, "I'm not sure what to do with this handsome little love." It took only a few seconds for me to be smitten. There is something so special about my little boys and they completely have my heart. 

I have learned so much from them and I feel like they teach me something new everyday. 

I have to remind myself all the time that they are boys and that they have different needs. I'm grateful to have a husband who is constantly reminding me of what those needs are. One of them is wrestling, I had a hard time adjusting to this one. It's loud, rambunctious, and someone always ends up getting hurt, but I have learned how much they need it. I have come to see their intense need to beat the crap out of each other as cute. They're just like little puppies wanting to play. 

We introduced Legos into our home for the first time last week. I was thinking, "This will be great, something constructive for them to do that will distract them from beating each other up for a little while." They do love the Legos, and it holds their attention, "For a little while." But, for these boys it will always come back to the basics... dog pile.

I love these boys, and seriously, how cute are their new teeny tiny boxers!?!



Pin It!

10 comments:

  1. Ah boys... I know NOTHING about them so it's fun to hear you talk about them! I do completely get the wrestling thing. The girls love doing that too. They don't need so much the roughness, but the touch aspect.

    AND, love the wall color!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather! It is so pretty, makes me smile!

      Delete
  2. Great pics! Gotta love boys and their legos....until you step on one that is...haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's post like this that make me pray for a son of our own one day! Gorgeous moments captured!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elizabeth! I will join you in praying for that blessing for you.

      Delete
  4. Oh, I love my little boy! He's 8 now and just so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is nothing sexier than seeing your husband play with your kids, huh?! ;) These are such sweet pictures to treasure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Amanda, agreed! So thankful for an awesome husband who is an amazing Daddy :)

      Delete