Monday, December 13, 2010

Head Swapping

I haven't done a before and after in awhile and I thought that some resent pictures I edited would be fun to share. These are very drastic edits. While I don't want to make this a habit and something that I regularly offer, because of the time consuming factor, it is fun to do.

Mom really liked this picture of Dad and his three girls. I have to agree, everyone looks great, except Taylor's wild hair in her face. I told her I would take a look and mess around with it if I got a chance. I ended up telling her that I wasn't going to be able to fix it. I didn't see, at first, that there was another picture I could take a head from that would work. I also was thinking, at first, this is going to take me forever.

When someone or myself says I can't do something, then I go into this weird mode and I do anything I can to make it happen. When I hear the word, can't, it drives me crazy until I prove to myself that I can fix it or I have at least exhausted all my options. I am so self-motivating it's ridiculous.

So, with all that said, I gave T a new head and I fixed the picture. It took me hours awhile, but to me it was so rewarding to tell myself that I could make it happen.

The before

The head I used


The after


The after in Black and White just because I am such a big fan.


A very cute picture all fixed!


This next picture is of the Steinmetz Family. I actually love A's little laugh in this, but Mom wanted to use it for her Christmas card and wanted A looking. Everyone looks fabulous, even the doggies, but little A decided to be her adorable self at this moment.



Picture I took her new head from




Walla, the perfect family picture. Mom is happy!



And the black and white just because it's so stinkin gorgeous!




The last head swap comes from a recent family session! You have not seen these guys yet, coming soon! I can't wait to show you all their gorgeous pictures!

This is probably one of my favorites from the session, just so cute. We were about to do a jumping picture and this is right before, of them getting ready. It is always those right before moments that become my all time favorite photos.



Even though this is a great picture, just like it is, Mom has a gorgeous smile going on in this picture.


So, here it is! What do you think? I think it looks fabulous!



And you know what's coming next! That's right, you should know the routine by now!



Just for fun, here is the moment right after!



How fun are they?

I love my job!







Pin It!

9 comments:

  1. Very cool. Could you offer this to me for those days when i don't feel like showering or applying makeup? I could just find a picture of me that I love and wear that for those days? Can you do this for me? Please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried head swapping, but I've trimmed people's waistlines before. It's very easy and quick. Obviously, though, the head swapping thing would be worth doing sometimes. I'll keep that in mind. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job. I think you did fantastic. Cute pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pure talent is what I call that!!! I had not seen yet the one of Kellie's family. So cute! And I LOVE the Kesler family just standing there So perfect. I know I saw them all already, but I can't wait to see them all again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linsey, you do such a FAB job!!! And this is just ONE of the reasons why we'll only do family pics w/ you from now on!!! You can't even tell the heads were "changed".... like Heather said, "PURE TALENT!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You take great pictures. But I have to tell you that the head swapping freaks me out. But I am jealous and wish I could do that. But first I have to learn how to take good pics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I missed this blog, but lovely job Lins! Yes, mama is happy :0)!! Hugs! Kel

    ReplyDelete