Tuesday, June 8, 2010

My first 10K

I have always enjoyed running but have never been a racer.  My wonderful friends have  inspired me to start.   Also I feel like I am surrounded by healthy, active people in this wonderful state of CO, I think everyone races here.  I love it because I need all the motivation I can get.  


I did my first 5 mile race about a month ago and that is all it took to get me hooked.  So much fun, I couldn't wait to sign up for the next one!!


So to bump it up a little I took on a 10K, thats right and extra 1.2 miles!!  The Bolder Boulder was so fun. This year there were 53,700 runners, so crazy!!  


The race is not short of entertainment.  You have tons of people dressed crazy, business suits, costumes, tutus, and people wearing way to little.  Pregnant women with t-shirts that say "Whats your excuse?."  Those that choose to run the race intoxicated!  All along the race people are offering you food like marsh mellows, burritos, bacon, chips, cupcakes, jello shots, coffee, and many people take the offer.  You have people with hoses, sprinklers, slip and slides and baby pools for those that want to stop and  cool off.  Tons of bands, belly dancers, and people encouraging you all along the way!!! I had a great playlist on my ipod for the run, but for the most part found myself taking off the headphones and just enjoying all the craziness of the race!! 




Many people rocked the tutu!!



Running wet can't be fun, but in that moment he felt really cool!!!


Bacon anyone


Keg on the run


Sideline Cheerleaders


Weeee!!!

Here are my results.




bib number:
GH649
overall place:
16540
location:
Bailey, CO
division:
F27
division place:
223 out of 733
gender place:
5956 out of 22964
mile 1:
00:09:39.56
mile 2:
00:09:43.19
mile 3:
00:09:53.18
mile 4:
00:09:40.03
mile 5:
00:10:06.32
mile 6:
00:10:08.47
net time:
01:01:12.55
pace:
09:51 (based on net time)





























Not bad, I am happy!! Next year hopefully Erik and I can run it together!!!


So now I am talking myself into running the Rock 'n' Roll Denver, 1/2 marathon in October.  I think I am crazy because I have never ran more than 6 miles, well I guess now it would be 6.2 miles.  But it is a goal of mine to just finish one, so we will see.  Knowing my friends, they will talk me into it!!!


I didn't have a camera with me but these are the pics taken by the race, I know they are fuzzy when I enlarge them but I am not paying 50.00 for a cd so this is all I've got.  I am the one in the purple shorts and white tech T.













Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment